How to Conduct Transcoding Using vMix?
To start off transcoding with vMix encoder,
Create your channel in Livebox.
Open vMix and click Add Input from the bottom left corner.
- A dialog box Input Select opens, where you can click Browse to add your source to vMix.
- After selecting your source, click OK. And your source is added.
- Now go to Livebox Channel Dashboard under the option Manage Channels from the navigation menu and click Streaming URL to copy the streaming RTMP URL
- Then go to vMix and click the icon on the Stream button. A new dialog box Streaming Settings opens, where you can enter the copied streaming URL in the URL tab and enter the Stream name or Key. And then give Start.
- After giving a start, go to the vMix main page and click the play icon to play your source.
- Your source is added and you can check it in your Livebox preview under Channel Dashboard.
- Then go to Manage Channels from the navigation menu under which click Transcoding.
- A Transcoding page opens up. Under Select a Channel, select the channel where streaming is on.In Output Channels, select the channel where the video has to be transcoded. Then give Turn on near transcoding..
Once you give a turn on, the new options for transcoding show up, where you can set the Preset. And then click Save.Note: Both Transcode Output URL and Transcode Embed Code are generated by Livebox.
- After clicking save, give Service Restart to get your changes applied and to start off with your transcoding.
Copy the Transcode Output URL and enter in the new page of your browser to view the player and your streaming quality. You can check your transcoding quality near the bottom right corner.
- Go to Viewers Report to check your RTMP stats or you can even check your streaming statistics by typing, e.g., yourservername.com/stats in the new page of your browser. It shows audio and video bitrate of both output and input channels.
- You are successful in Transcoding with vMix!