How to do Multi-Bitrate Using the Livebox Playout and Encoder?
To conduct Multi-Bitrate streaming using OBS,
Create your channel in Livebox streaming server.
Go to Manage Channels from the navigation menu. Under manage channels, select Multi-Bitrate.
- In Multi-Bitrate page, select your channel and Turn On multi-bitrate.
- Once you turn on Multi-Bitrate, the new preset options will appear. You can set the required resolution and click Save.
- Note: You also have an option to edit or set your required preset.
- Once you click save, RTMP URL for your resolution gets listed below. Make note of the required RTMP link and give Save.
- Note: With each copied URL of definite qualities, the player will adjust video quality to that of viewers bandwidth.
- After clicking save, give Service Restart to get your changes applied.v
- Then go to Livebox Playout software and click Add File to browse video source from your PC and to add video source in your Schedule Playlist.
- Your video source is added. So, now click Play to play your video in Playout Preview.
You can preview your source and also enable and adjust the audio of your video source.
Go to Livbox Encoder. Select your playout device in Video Device and Audio Device, and then enter the copied RTMP URL of the required resolution in the URL tab.
Click Preview if you want to preview your live stream and then give Start.
- Now go to Livebox and click Channel Dashboard, select your channel, and click to preview your live stream in Livebox streaming server.
- Note: To view your stream in the player and to check the quality of your streaming source, go to new page in your browser and type, e.g., yourservername.com:3000/?chnl=yourchannelname.
- Go to Viewers Report to check your RTMP stats or you can even check your streaming statistics by typing, e.g., yourservername.com/stats in the new page of your browser. It shows audio and video bitrate of your channel.
You have successfully done your Multi-Bitrate streaming using Livebox Playout and Encoder.