How to Enable API Permission for Live Streaming?
- Go to User & Roles from the navigation menu.
- Under Custom User, go to ‘Add Role’ section.
- In ‘Add Role’, click on the ‘Create Role’ button.
- A dialog box ‘Add Role’ opens, where you can give the role name.
- Then select API Access.
- Under API Access, select the Live Streaming option.
- Once you select the Live Streaming option, select all the required permissions.
- And click ‘Save’.
And a role for the API permission will be created.
- Now go to the ‘Add User’ column and click on the ‘Create User’ button.
- A dialog box ‘Add User’ opens. Enter the name of the user (customer) that you are going to lend this API permission.
- Then set a password for your user.
- And now, near the ‘Role’ option, click the drop-down menu to select the role you have created.
- Once you select the Role, you will be provided furthermore options.
- So, you can set the Channel Limit and then ‘Select Mode’.
Note: The Production mode is secure one when compared to the Testing Mode. So you can select Testing Mode when in the case of any testing purpose otherwise, it is preferable to select the Production Mode.
- If you select the Production Mode, you will be further provided a few more options, where you have to enter the customer’s “Development URL” and “Production URL”. (You can get the Development URL and Production URL from your customer.)
- Then click the ‘Create’ button.
Development URL– you can enter the domain URL of the customer’s local host i.e, the domain from where the app is generated.
Production URL– you can enter the URL of the domain to where the customer prefers to move the production app.
The API permission for your customer is created. So now, you can send the Username, Password, Server Secret Key, Native App Key and also Production URL and Development URL (for confirmation purpose) to your customer.
You can also send the below link as documentation help for your customer to get started with the Live Streaming module.