How to Conduct Transcoding Using OBS Studio as an Encoder?
Adaptive bitrate streaming (Transcoding) is available only in the higher-end versions of Livebox.
To Transcode using OBS,
- Keep your streaming channels ready i.e., output channel and input channel.
- Now under Manage Channels, go to Transcoding.
- A Transcoding page opens up and you can select your “Input” channel by clicking the drop-down menu given in the “Select Channel” option.
- In Output Channels, select the channel where the video has to be transcoded. Then give turn on near transcoding.
- Once you give the turn on, new options for transcoding shows up, where you can set the “Preset”. And then click “Save”.
Note: Livebox will generate both Transcode Output URL and Transcode Embed Code.
- After clicking save, give “Service Restart” to get your changes applied.
- Then go to OBS studio and click the add icon from the tab “Source”.
- A pop-up menu with the listed options will show up. From the listed options select “Media source”.
- A dialog box”Create/Select Source” gets opened where you can name and set as per your requirements and then click “OK”.
- After clicking “OK”, a dialog box “Properties for Media Source” gets opened. In “Properties for Media Source”, select the required options for your streaming and then click “Browse”.
- Once you click to browse you get accessed to your local files where you can browse and select your source. Then Click “OK” and your source will be added.
- Now go to Livebox and select Manage channels from the navigation menu and click Streaming URL to copy the Streaming URL and Stream Key of your “Input” channel.
- Then go to OBS studio and select “Settings” under the menu “Controls”.
- A whole “Setting” tab will be opened and click “Stream”.
- In OBS stream settings, select the “Custom” option and then enter the Stream URL and Stream Key of your streaming channel.
- Now click the option Start streaming under the menu “Controls”. And the live streaming will be started immediately on your both output and input channels.
- So, go to the Livebox Dashboard where you can check the transcoding quality of your output channel near the bottom right corner.
- To check RTMP stats of your streaming channel go to the Viewers Report.
- In RTMP stats it shows audio and video bitrate of both output and input channels.
- And when you embed the output channel streams on your website, you can copy the Transcode Embed URL to publish the live stream on your website.
Note: Through the Transcode Embed URL, you can publish the streaming content along with the transcode video quality.
You are successful in your Transcoding streaming by using OBS Studio!
Happy to help!